Manipulating Blender’s 3D interface can seem awkward at first and it will take some getting used to the keyboard/mouse control scheme. But hear me now and believe me later, doing so will become second nature in a short time.
This tutorial covers navigating the 3D workspace in Blender and explains the controls to rotate, pan and zoom your scene in the 3D view.
Control scheme for 3-button mouse:
- MMB scroll — Zoom the 3D view in/out.
- MMB hold & Mouse move — Rotate the 3D view.
- Shift + MMB hold & Mouse move– Pan the 3D view.
Control scheme for 2-button mouse:
- Ctrl + Alt + LMB & Mouse move– Zoom the 3D view in/out.
- Alt + LMB & Mouse move– Rotate the 3D view.
- Shift + Alt + LMB & Mouse move — Pan the 3D view.